Today was a very productive day. The team spent almost 10 hours making finishing touches on the foundry. The wiring is now finished. It looks much better and neater now! We received another shipment from Misumi. The shipment contained a bunch of little parts that were needed because of small modifications in our design.
Towards the end of the day, the team experimented with casting. Cookie cutters were placed in sand to make a mould. It worked suprisingly well! The results are shown below.
*The videos are timelapses. All the wires you see going out the door are thermocouples. We installed a few of them while we test in order to validate our calculations and simulations.
Our very own Gingy.